The full form of fpCSEvtSvc is Fingerprint Sensor Software Suite. It is an executable file which is a part of the software Synaptics, developed by Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher. The fpCSEvtSvc.exe process is also known as vendor sensors or Synaptics and is an invisible background process. Although it is a file from Microsoft, not much information is available about this file. This program has no visible window. It’s not an essential Windows process and can be removed if required.
File Size and Location
Typically the file is located under C:/Windows/System32 directory. The file is too small. The known size is approx 390 KB in Windows 7/10.
Quick Facts about fpCSEvtSvc.exe
- This file is digitally signed by Microsoft.
- The process runs invisibly in the background but can be stopped from Task Manager.
- It is apparently a compressed file and that’s why the file is too small in size.
- The file doesn’t contain any information about the version or other details.
Is fpCSEvtSvc.exe safe or a virus?
Despite the fact that fpCSEvtSvc.exe belongs to Microsoft Corp., there are chances it might cause problems and affect your system. Some viruses also hide their true identity and appear like genuine executable files. So, it’s imperative to stay cautious.
Thus, it is recommended to check the file location, if fpCSEvtSvc.exe is not located under C:/Windows/System32 then chances are it’s a malware or virus.
- fpCSEvtSvc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
- fpCSEvtSvc.exe not found.
- fpCSEvtSvc.exe is not a valid win32 application.
- The application failed to initialize.
Additionally, this .exe application file can cause some problems in the system. It may start making high CPU usage and RAM which makes the system slow.
How to Remove fpCSEvtSvc.exe?
Around 70% of people have reported this file to be problematic and have removed it. If you too are facing problems with it, you should remove it. You can use two ways to uninstall fpCSEvtSvc.exe and perform the steps manually or do it using an automatic uninstaller.
Method 1: Uninstall fpCSEvtSvc.exe
- Type “Control panel” in the windows search bar and press enter.
- Go to the Programs section.
- Select “Uninstall a program” if you have Windows 7/8/10 or select “Add or Remove programs” if you are using Windows XP.
- There will a list of programs. Find “Unknown” from the list and click on it.
- Click “Uninstall” for Windows 7/8/10 or “Remove” for Windows XP.
- You will get a few prompts now. Follow those and the file will be uninstalled from your system.
Method 2: Disable pCSEvtSvc.exe
If the application running on the startup and consuming high CPU or Memory then may use the below steps to disable it.
1) Press Windows logo, type Task Scheduler
2) Click on Run as administrator
3) Windows will open, locate pCSEvtSvc on right-hand-side
4) Right-click over it and choose Disable
Now, restart the system, pCSEvtSvc.exe has ben disabled and won’t run anymore on system startup.