The genuine HPWuSchd.exe is developed by Hewlett-Packard which is an executable file made for HP Printers and Scanners residing in your computer’s hard drive. Find the complete information about this file, uses, errors and how to uninstall it.
The full form of HPWUSchd.exe is HP Windows Update Scheduler.
What is HPWuSchd.exe?
A genuine HPWuSchd.exe file developed by the HP for its hardware like printer and scanner. This file is used to update the HP Program using the internet and commonly known as HP Printer Scheduler. If you’re using an HP computer or hardware, then you may notice that sometime this application run in the system background.
As mentioned above that HPWuSchd.exe is a program file that actually is belonging to the Hewlett Packard (HP) Software Update Scheduler which is made to show updated information about HP’s range of printers and scanners. It is a nonessential process of Windows OS.
File Size and Location
The file size of hpwuschd.exe is about 100 KB and is placed under C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software\.
Why HPWuSchd is Running on Startup?
As mentioned above, this process is used to update the HP application directly from the server. So every time this application runs during system startup so that it can check whether there is any update available on the server.
HPWuSchd.exe file can be stopped if it creates any issues while running on your computer.
Common Errors of HpwuSchd.exe
The most common hpwuSchd.exe errors that can appear on your screen are as follows:
- “hpwuSchd.exe Application Error.”
- “hpwuSchd.exe failed.”
- “hpwuSchd.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- “hpwuSchd.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “hpwuSchd.exe is not running.”
- “hpwuSchd.exe not found.”
- “Cannot find hpwuSchd.exe.”
- “Error starting program: hpwuSchd.exe.”
- “Faulting Application Path: hpwuSchd.exe”
Reason behind causing error messages:
- These hpwuschd.exe file error messages can appear on the screen while you reinstalling the program.
- These messages also can appear during or after an HP Update.
- As this file is present at the startup, these error messages also occur during the startup or shutdown of Windows.
- These errors also show while installing the Windows operating system.
Can I Uninstall hpwuschd.exe?
Mostly, this file doesn’t create any issue. However, if you notice that hpwuschd.exe is crashing frequently or using high CPU or Memeory then you may uninstall it. But note that, you shouldn’t delete or remove any safe executable file like the hpwuschd.exe file without any valid reason. Disabling may affect the performance of the associated programs that use the hpwuSchd.exe file. Also, you should keep your software and programs updated on your pc or desktop so that you can avoid any problem that is caused by a corrupted file present on your pc in the future. There is similar file hppsdr.exe that belongs to the HP.
Can I disable hpwuschd application from the startup?
Yes, it is very much possible to disable hpwuschd application from the startup.
How to disable hpwuschd application from startup?
Here are steps to follow in order to disable hpwuschd application from startup:
- Click the Windows Start Button present on the lower left side of the taskbar.
- Type ‘uninstall’ in the search bar.
- Then click the Add or Remove programs option.
- Then search for hpwuSchd Application or hp digital imaging – hp all-in-one series in the search this list bar and click on this program.
- Then click Uninstall.
How to download or reinstall the hpwuSchd.exe file?
It is recommended to not download replacement exe files from any random download websites, as those sites may contain viruses or malware which can get in your pc or desktop. If you want to reinstall the hpwuschd.exe file on your pc or desktop, then make sure to always download from the official HP website here.
The operating system in which hpwuSchd.exe can be installed are any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Is hpwuschd.exe harmful?
This .exefile is 100% safe and it does not causes any harm to your system. There can be virus in your pc or desktop residing under the name of hpwuschd.exe.
How to detect if hpwuschd.exe file is a virus?
To detect if hpwuschd.exe file is a virus or not, you need to see the location of the file. If thehpwuschd.exe file is not located in C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update folder then it can be a virus or a trojan or a malware.