Scratching your head to choose between Kaspersky or Avast? Read this complete comparison detail to find best free Antivirus for your Home PC/Laptop. I have made a detail analysis report to save your time.
Those who use Windows always want a powerful antivirus program to nullify malware threats, to make their PC working an orderly manner and to protect their online and personal specifications. The antiviruses which are of paid versions have various characteristics. It helps you to protect your PC from viruses, or manage mobile devices. They also have the capability to keep an eye on a computer’s firewall, update the software and other duties. If we have a close look, there are many who don’t want, or simply don’t have the capability to splash the cash for those extra features. In that case, they go for a free antivirus program.
Kaspersky Vs Avast Antivirus
We have two free antivirus programs i.e. Kaspersky and Avast and we are going to test their malware security, system impact, and many more useful features. If you still haven’t made up your mind, check out our free Kaspersky and free Avast comparison first.
Before we start analyzing the features, let’s first find out what short of Antivirus products are provided by Kaspersky and Avast in the market:
1) Free Products
- Kaspersky Free
- Kaspersky Security Cloud
Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal (Paid)
2) Kaspersky Home Products
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus (Basic but Essential PC Antivirus)
- Kaspersky Internet Security (Advanced Security Suite)
- Kaspersky Total Security (Premium Security Suite)
3) Small Business (for 1-25 People)
4) Medium Business (for 26-999 employees)
5) Enterprise (for 1,000+ employees)
1) Free Antivirus
2) Premium Security
3) Single Device
4) Premium Security
5) Multi-Device Ultimate
If you don’t want to read all the detailed Kaspersky vs Avast, then check this comparison chart and find out who is the best Antivirus:
|Kaspersky Free Antivirus
|Avast Free Antivirus
|Protect your system from Viruses
|Secure your system from Viruses & Ransomware
|Windows 10/8/8.1/7 with Service Pack 1 or Higher
|Support Windows 10/8.1/8/7
|1.5 GB Free Space on Hard Disk
|2 GB Space Required
|1 GM RAM Required
|2 GB RAM Required
|Support Windows 7/8/10, Mac, Android, iPhone, and iPad
|Free version available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS
|Protect your system from suspicious websites
|Blocks malware & infected sites
|VPN available on Kaspersky Cloud (Free)
|VPN is not available with Free Antivirus
|Light and Fast
|Little bit slow
|Protect from webcam spying
|Stop webcam spying
|It can secure your files using a password
|Secure your password
|Infected files can be repaired
|Same feature available
|Not such detailed Privacy settings available
|Private browsing feature not available
|Personalized Security Alerts
|Same feature available
|Email support is available
|Email and Ticket support available
|Secure your system from public-wifi
|Blocks phishing attacks
|Spam Filter for Outlook
|Paid versions are Affordable
|Little bit expensive
|Kaspersky Made in Russia
|Avast Made in the Czech Republic.
Also, read which one to choose among Kaspersky or Avira.
Kaspersky Free Version
Kaspersky antivirus software is often regarded as the mainstay of any computer security system. It performs silently to provide some of the most authentic and fastest virus and spyware protection solutions.
It is also known to offer the Windows 10/8/7 users better malware protection thus securing all your personal and classified info in various ways.
It also has the ability to scan various files, emails, discs, external drives, apps, and solution. It also helps to boot out the harmful kinds of stuff from these locations. If you have paid version and receiving Kaspersky activation error then read this.
Here are some important features of the Kaspersky Free Version
- Data Protection: Kaspersky Free Security does have all the needed characteristics to protect individual computers and local area networks.
- Wide Array of Security: Its security domain includes antivirus software, applications launch control and firewall. It has also go network attacks blocker and other tools.
- Backing Up Data: This program evaluates the contents of folders on its own. It also has the ability to count the number of files and the amount of data.
- Organized Data: With this feature, you and easily organize your data in folders and it is not difficult to find what you want. It can also help you to import your login details previously stored.
- Password Manager: This feature reduces your burden to remember the passwords. It also notifies you if you’re using soft-natured passwords.
- Password Alert: It also gives alerts about duplicate passwords because that could be hazardous for you.
- Anti-Virus Protection: It scans your PC and protects the computer file system. It also checks inbound and outbound mail for viruses and other malicious programs.
- Web Anti-Virus: This feature of Kaspersky free version intercepts and blocks scripts on websites if they raise the risk for your computer.
- Automatic Blocking: If the Web Anti-Virus is enabled in this program, all the traffics are managed and malicious websites are blocked automatically.
- Anti-Phishing: This feature gives a thorough check on whether the web-addresses are on the list of phishing websites.
- System Watcher: It keeps a strict vigil if there is any change in the system made by viruses or other harmful applications.
- Network Attack Blocker: It identifies the doings in the incoming traffic which is the nature for network attacks and blocks it immediately.
- On-Screen Keyboard: This feature prevents any interception of information that the user enters with a standard external keyboard.
Avast Free Version
The company, Avast, claims that its free version is superior to many other paid software offerings. In a test that was conducted by AV-Comparatives showed these words were absolutely true as the free Avast software was much quicker in scanning than some significant rivals.
In reality, it was the fastest software among all. An effort that most free anti-virus can’t match is that Avast can be fixed in 37 languages. To add to this, the free version Avast is mostly the same as the paid version.
Here are some important features of the Avast free version:
- Support Maximum Platforms: Avast Free Antivirus is wonderful software which supplies all the crucial antivirus indispensables for Windows, Android, and Mac.
- Secure Wi-fi: Its Wi-Fi Inspector scans the network to find weaknesses. It finds out routers that are using default passwords and inspect if the user’s network is accessible from the internet.
- Do Not Disturb: Avast Free Antivirus has Do Not Disturb Mode that will prevent pop-ups while any program is in full-screen mode.
- No Pop-Up: It will again prevent pop-ups if you are playing a game or watching movies and videos.
- Shield: The Behavior Shield feature always keeps a strict vigil on your applications to keep it secure and confirm they don’t behave differently.
- Gaming Mode: Avast Free Antivirus is blessed with an automatic gaming mode for system load reduction during any processor-hungry job.
- Password Manager: In this software, there is a password manager that adds more strength to your security engagements.
- Crystal Clear: The Avast Free Antivirus package does not carry any secret limitations or ceiling erected to make you any upgrade.
- No-Ads: It doesn’t have any third-party ads, or fewer antivirus updates or does any deed that has the ability to frail your security.
- Advanced Firewall: It comes with a firewall that keeps hackers away from your system.
- Advanced Antivirus: This antivirus software is guided with a plethora of important security layers. It is composed of Virus Scans, Core Shields, and Virus Chest that helps apps to run safely.
- Passive Mode: Avast free version has the capability to install itself in Passive Mode if it detects another antivirus package on your PC.
- Real-time Protection: It has the ability to turn off real-time protection but will still help you to run scans and use other program features.
- Specific Scan: This wonderful software provides options to scan specific folders or drives.
- Deep Scan: It can scan your entire system, or run a scan at the next reboot before Windows starts.
- Awesome Look: The color arrangement and the large icons are the reason that gives it a ‘lucrative and muscular look’.
- Regular Update: Avast Free Antivirus religiously updates malware definitions and is always ready to stay updated against new threats.
- Hassle-free Registration: A yearly registration is required to have a sustained use.
I used Avast long back and two things which I notice was 1) it’s a bit slow and 2) Sometimes not able to detect the latest virus. Whereas I am using Kaspersky on my personal laptop and in-office PC from last 8 years and not a single PC infected with a virus.
It’s very hard to tell which one is the best antivirus since both Kaspersky and Avast has huge users.
According to OPSWAT, Avast is more popular and has nearly 10.79% of users, whereas Kaspersky Lab has 7.96% of users. You can check the latest monthly report here.
Many sites are claiming that Avast is better Antivirus, but I personally feel Kaspersky is the winner, because of a few important factors 1) Fast and 2) Price (for the paid version).
Where there is a computer and where there is internet, there is a strict need for an antivirus. So when you are looking for antivirus software, you have to be sure to pick the one which is trusted and a well-known one. An antivirus is a helpful tool and there is a reason to use it. Be safe, always.